Communications & Social Media Coordinator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, February 1, 2021, 12:00am
Position Title: Communications & Social Media Coordinator
Reports To: Communications, Marketing, and Membership Specialist
Location: Remote to Start and/or Washington, DC Office Preferred
Date: December 2020
The Communications & Social Media Coordinator supports NAAEE’s communication and marketing efforts, including print and digital media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google My Business, and Instagram), our family of websites, and outreach to members and supporters. The Communications & Social Media Coordinator will help ensure that all communications efforts align with NAAEE’s strategic framework. This position also works with colleagues in all program areas to advance eePRO, NAAEE’s online professional learning site, and assists NAAEE staff in developing its annual report, program and fundraising campaigns, special projects, and general communications, as well as promoting creative new ideas that advance our work and supporting the annual conference. This position reports to the Communications, Marketing, and Membership Specialist.
General Communications duties include:
- Writing copy for the web, press releases, the annual conference, social media, and other communication needs
- Overseeing and recording analytics for all social media channels for NAAEE
- Supporting the implementation of NAAEE communications strategy, including accessibility compliance with standards set by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Supporting moderators of eePRO special interest groups by providing training and overseeing activity in groups
- Reviewing, editing, and posting content to eePRO
- Working with Communications, Marketing, and Membership Specialist to conduct outreach to online and print media outlets
- Working with Communications, Marketing, and Membership Specialist on program advertisement, fliers, conference exhibit displays, and signage
- Managing webinar and meeting video recording, production, and captioning, and uploading to NAAEE’s YouTube channel
- Working with Communications, Marketing, and Membership Specialist on updating NAAEE’s digital brand guidelines as part of overall communications strategy
- Participating in web content planning meetings as part of overall communications strategy
- Managing NAAEE’s Google Ads and Google My Business Account
- Using Google Marketing Suite tools to analyze the success of communication strategies and tactics
- Promoting the annual conference through media channels, populating the mobile app, and participating in on-site staffing support at the conference.
- Regularly reviewing, moderating, and posting content on NAAEE’s family of websites
Skills and experiences we’re looking for in this this position:
- 1–3 years of communications experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including editing and proofreading. Writing with a spark and experience writing for the web and social media a plus.
- Experience with web content management such as Drupal; skills using HTML, and a CRM such as CiviCRM; experience with Google Marketing Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, and Meltwater Analytics; experience with video creation and editing a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in one or more relevant fields, including journalism, environmental education, marketing, communications, and/or conservation OR equivalent experience
- Ability to work efficiently, with flexibility, creativity, initiative, positive energy, and good humor
- Ability to work independently as required but also to work effectively as a team member; ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines, problem solve, and exercise tact and diplomacy
- Cultural competence and the ability to work with individuals representing a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives
- A team-player who enthusiastically represents NAAEE to external partners, members, funders, and other stakeholders; this position is designed for an individual who is a self-starter and is eager to learn and grow professionally
NAAEE is committed to a work environment where a diverse mix of talented and passionate people want to come together to do their best work with the goal of creating a more equitable and sustainable future for all. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for all that centers equity in all aspects of our work. We believe deeply in the diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
We will not be able to respond to individual requests for information about this position. Thank you!
How to Apply:
Please apply through this Google form. If you are an individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to apply for this job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Drew Price at email@example.com.