Director of Education
The Director of Education is the visionary leader and representative of the Greenacres Education Department both internally and externally. This role leads the three divisions of Education: Arts Education, Agriculture Education, and Environment Education. The Director of Education is also a member of the Greenacres Leadership Team and will play a critical role in strategic decision making and operations.
Generative Agriculture is foundational to Greenacres mission and serves as the basis for all land management decisions. Our Arts, Agriculture, and Environment Education departments utilize and support generative agriculture and its positive impact on our natural areas. The Director of Education assures the culture of the entire Education department reflects the mission as well as the values of Greenacres (Grace, Good Neighbor Policy, Generative, Giving, and Green) with honesty, transparency, and integrity. This position works under the supervision of the Executive Director.
Responsibilities of the Director of Education will include:
- Embrace opportunities for developing new programs, expanding to new locations, and supporting the infrastructure to achieve the goals, while committing to Quality, Quality, Quality (QQQ) in all aspects of activities.
- Develop and implement strategies for optimizing connections within local communities across multiple Education sites and campuses.
- Develop the Education team and leaders to excel individually as well as working together as a team.
- Support the Education leaders with hiring, supervising, training, and evaluating education staff members.
- Commit to implementing the Mission, Vision, and Values of Greenacres current and future sites.
- Support entire education department with substitute teaching when needed.
- Lead and assess ongoing program and personnel evaluation systems, and implement adjustments as needed.
- Work with the Education leaders to collect, document, and evaluate student attendance and create plans to maximize programming at all education sites.
- Build relationships that support inter-department programming.
- Guide the mission and education model alignment of curriculum development for programming.
- Prepare and manage Education department and site budgets in collaboration with education team and CFO.
- Collaborate and coordinate with relevant regional and national organizations to provide volunteer and staff development opportunities.
- Actively represent Greenacres Education in public relations by attending and presenting at appropriate local, regional and national association meetings, as well as publishing in appropriate academic journals.
- Regularly present to the Board of Trustees about the Education Department and its plans, accomplishments, and opportunities.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Graduate degree preferred in Education Field or comparable academic discipline or equivalent experientially gained knowledge, preferably with Arts, Agriculture and Environment focus.
- Minimum of 5 years supervision and management experience within an educational field.
- Willingness and ability to travel to multiple Greenacres sites and campuses (all currently within an hour drive of our Indian Hill site).
- Proven ability to initiate, organize and implement plans and budgets.
- Demonstrate a history of proven, positive customer service experience.
- High attention to detail, organization and excellent judgment.
- Ability to meet required deadlines and work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Commitment to working within a collaborative culture.
- Experience working towards enhancing DEAI (diversity, equity, accessibility & inclusion) is a plus.
How to Apply:
Please complete the application and upload a cover letter and resume at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/1274439.