Director of Outreach and Enrollment
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, September 30, 2022, 11:00pm
Who We Are:
NatureBridge provides environmental science education experiences for more than 30,000 students and their teachers every year in the world’s best classrooms: our National Parks. Our mission is to connect young people to the science and wonder of the natural world, igniting self-discovery, and inspiring stewardship of the planet.
What You Will Do:
The Director of Outreach and Enrollment handles customer relations for Environmental Science and Conference Programs at NatureBridge’s Golden Gate Campus. They collaborate with the NatureBridge Sales and Marketing Team, including Sales Managers in other regions, and marketing staff to achieve campus-specific sales targets and to meet the NatureBridge-wide sales goal. The Director of Outreach and Enrollment works closely with the Golden Gate Campus Director and campus operations staff to ensure smooth program logistics and an excellent customer experience.
This position takes place at our campus in the Marin Headlands and requires regular attendance on site, though some work can be done remotely.
Your primary job will be to:
- Manage accounts and relationships with new and returning customers for the Golden Gate Campus.
- Cultivate local, regional and national customers & develop a pathway for potential leads
- Manage accounts by developing and expanding a client base through customer outreach, responding to customer inquiries, cold calling, presentations, and tours.
- Generate proposals, negotiate contracts, and create contracts and invoices for customers.
- Manage lead tracking and follow-up through the administration of the CRM application (Salesforce).
- Staff exhibits at conferences and events as needed.
- Collaborate with program managers to ensure consistent customer service and clear handoff of customer information after sale is complete; maintain the campus program calendar
- Support a culture of responsiveness and customer service.
- Recommend annual price adjustments and revenue targets to the National Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Work strategically with the Golden Gate Campus Director and the Golden Gate leadership team to address any campus specific sales opportunities or challenges.
- Work with the National Director of Sales and Marketing to inform marketing initiatives for all revenue generating programs.
- Supervise the Golden Gate Reservations Manager.
- Annual Salary starting at $68,000
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Option for a 403b retirement plan with employer match after 6 months
- Generous paid vacation, training days, and sick leave.
- Other benefits include Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and more
Who You Are:
We are looking for candidates who have:
- An understanding of how to market and sell outdoor educational programming to school administrators and teachers.
- Exceptional oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate NatureBridge's vision and competitive advantage.
- Sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong sales and focus.
- Strategic planning ability and decision-making skills
- Proven success in meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Resourcefulness in working creatively within non-profit constraints to achieve maximum impact.
- Ability to manage employees with diverse skill sets and backgrounds in a close community environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex legal and financial documents.
- Ability to manage a complex schedule and communicate logistical details clearly
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Google suite, and Salesforce (CRM).
- Willingness to travel and work occasional evenings and weekends.
- A commitment to the NatureBridge mission to connect youth to nature.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion in the workplace. We especially encourage you to apply if you are a member of (or have extensive experience working with people from) any communities that are impacted by the historic and current system of oppression that has limited access to environmental education, or the outdoors in general.
*All NatureBridge Employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Final shot must occur 15 days or more before the start date. Here is the link to our full policy: NatureBridge COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. You must also pass a background check in order to be eligible for employment.
Why you should join the NatureBridge team:
- We are a mission-driven organization that values your contributions and supports you in making a positive impact on youth and the environment
- You will get to work in a beautiful natural setting with other dedicated staff who are passionate about the environment
- Work on a friendly and collaborative team across multiple NatureBridge Campus locations
How to Apply:
NatureBridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Submit your resume, cover letter, and three references to our Online Career Portal.
Please address your cover letter to Ms. Margaret Polyak, National Director of Sales.