Education and Outreach Coordinator
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
This position is responsible for identification and establishment of new programming and outreach opportunities including the development and delivery of youth and family programming. Reach, engage, expand and cultivate deeper relationships with target audiences through educational programming related to national parks, public lands and America’s natural and cultural heritage and volunteer outreach management. Design, implement, maintain, and coordinate WNPA’s community education and outreach program in the region.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination and promotion of educational presentations, exhibits, select special events, and tours presented by WNPA. This will be accomplished through writing, editing, and coordinating development of educational programming, promotional materials, educational materials, training manuals, newsletters, and/or brochures, as appropriate to the program. The Education and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the monitoring and strategic planning of the department’s operational and capital budgets, this position will monitor and administer program/project revenues and expenses; may develop or participate in the development of funding proposals for the program. In coordination with Development Manager, recognize and develop program funding opportunities.
An important piece of WNPA’s resources are developed through community outreach and volunteerism. The Education and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the design, implementation, and coordination of the community outreach plan each fiscal year. Additionally the coordinator is responsible for the advancement of WNPA’s volunteer program including, active recruitment, screening, orientation/training, scheduling and supervision of its volunteers. Position will be responsible for oversight of outreach program volunteers as the supervisor. The coordinator position will primarily require local travel to coordinate and participate in events and field programs. There may be occasional overnight trips.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 1 year of outreach and educational program development, and volunteer management experience
- Proficiency with digital media and website promotions and communications
- Interest in and enthusiasm for our nation’s parks and public lands
- A valid driver’s license
- Conversational Spanish skills preferred
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations a plus
- Schedule: 40 hours per week. Must be available for weekend work
- Location 12880 N. Vistoso Village Drive (Innovation Park)
How to Apply:
For information on how to apply click here
- Compensation commensurate with experience, non-exempt
- Benefits: full employee benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Paid Holidays and Sick leave, 403(b) with 8.33% matching after 1 year of employment