Education Program Manager
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
About Oxbow Farm & Conservation Center
Located on 240 acres of forest and grassland bordered by Western Washington’s Snoqualmie River, Oxbow’s mission is to inspire people to eat healthy, sustainably grown food and to steward our natural resources for future generations. We have recently adopted a ten-year vision to dramatically increase our impact and reach, and to diversify our sources of funding. We seek to become a vibrant hub for inspiration and learning, known for our creative and engaging year-round programming – a source for real-time practices that promote climate resilience and excite people to make choices in support of healthy food and a sustainable environment. We are seeking a Program Manager, Environmental Education to join our management team as we embark on these ambitious plans.
Oxbow Education (“OxEd”) connects students to nature through year-round programming. A one-acre Kids’ Farm, a Living Playground and nature trails provide an ideal outdoor classroom for students to experience the land firsthand and to learn about the connections between agriculture, conservation and nature. OxEd reaches more than 8,000 kids in a typical year through innovative, experiential programs that explore environmental stewardship and where food comes from – covering topics such as soil, seeds, pollination, water, and sustainable farming practices. OxEd serves audiences ranging from pre-K through high school throughout King County and beyond.
Do you have passion for education, sustainable agriculture and biodiversity, and inspiring the next generation of environmental stewards? Oxbow Farm & Conservation Center seeks a Program Manager to lead and manage the Education program and team. Working closely with the Director of Programs, this position oversees program development, planning and execution, creating innovative and engaging offerings and content, collaborating with schools and other partner organizations, leading a 5+ person educational team, and tracking to clear and measurable learning objectives and program goals.
- Lead the maturation of OxEd’s strategy, approach and plan, with a focus on how program activities tie to specific learning objectives and to Oxbow’s mission and vision.
- Plan and implement high-quality, year-round environmental education programming for people of all ages, applying good pedagogical practice appropriate for different audiences.
- Manage the OxEd team, including assessing and developing staff capacity, delegating responsibilities and load-balancing tasks, and regularly prioritizing the work ahead.
- Establish and nurture OxEd partnerships, in collaboration with Oxbow leadership.
- Explore and pursue opportunities for grant funding to support OxEd programming, and lead reporting against active grants.
- Partner with Oxbow leadership and managers to advance the organization’s strategy and objectives and to ensure efficient and effective communication and operations.
CORE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A minimum of five years’ experience leading environmental education program development, with a demonstrated ability to develop, implement and evaluate successful outdoor education programs.
- Ability to cultivate learning environments that are equitable and inclusive of students’ backgrounds, abilities and social identities.
- Excellence in influence and leadership – a team player who focuses on building a healthy and productive culture, is skilled at building trust and strong relationships, who models desired behaviors and nurtures them in others.
- Strong management skills, balanced strategic and tactical focus, with a focus on delivering program results while maximizing individual development and well-being.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with an ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Proven ability to mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, coach performance, deliver tough messages with grace, and make decisions to advance the work with limited information or ambiguity.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.
- Patient, flexible, diplomatic, creative, resilient, pragmatic, with a sense of humor and an ability to stay grounded in diverse conditions and under pressure.
- Able to perform physical work outdoors and to work some weekends and evenings.
- Fluent working in Microsoft suite (Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Additional desired qualities include: environmentally conscious, detail oriented, self-motivated, energetic, and professional.
The Oxbow Education is part of a larger non-profit organization. A commitment to Oxbow’s overall mission and working as part of a team is critical.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY COMMITMENT
Oxbow is committed to cultivating a culture of diversity and inclusion. We value the individual differences, life experiences, and knowledge that our staff members bring to their work and their communities. Valuing diversity is a significant part of our culture, our values, and the success of Oxbow’s mission.
Oxbow provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Oxbow is committed to fostering a racially diverse team. People of color are encouraged to apply.
This is a regular, full-time position, with a competitive compensation package, including 100% employer paid healthcare, annual dental stipend, generous holiday, vacation, and sick leave. Salary range is $60,000-$65,000, depending on qualifications.
REPORTS TO: Director of Programs
How to Apply:
To apply, email a resume, letter of interest, and 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write Education Program Manager in the subject line and include where you found this position in the message body.
Please do not call our Telephone number, as our admin and recruitment team currently work most time remotely.
Apply by May 23rd for first consideration. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis after this date until position is filled.
To see this job posting, and our other open jobs, on our website, click here.