The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, October 21, 2022, 12:00pm
NAAEE seeks a creative consultant to provide coordination, writing, and communication support for NAAEE’s ee360+ program. NAAEE, along with thirty partner organizations, is training a diverse cadre of environmental education leaders to increase environmental literacy for everyone across North America. ee360+ builds on 30 years of U.S. EPA’s long-standing commitment to support a nationwide effort to strengthen the field and support professional development. This effort supports innovative leaders in the environmental education field through leadership training, state-of-the-art education materials and research, networking opportunities, and an online hub where educators can share new approaches and best practices.
This position requires an individual to be exceptionally organized, have a keen attention to detail, and the flexibility and willingness to learn and work in all aspects of the ee360+ program. This is a remote position that can be based anywhere, with preference for candidates in compatible time zones to our team based in U.S. Eastern time zone. The ee360+ Consultant will primarily provide research, writing, and communications support to NAAEE’s ee360+ program, in addition to administrative and logistical support for virtual and in-person events as needed.
This position reports to the Director of Professional Development. The estimated time commitment is 32–34 hours per week through March 2023, with the possibility of an extension dependent on funding.
- Support the ee360+ reporting process by helping compile and edit reports from 30 Partner organizations.
- Read and synthesize Partner reports and evaluation reports for outreach communications.
- Write web copy, blogs, and other outreach communications for the ee360+ website, eePRO, and social media.
- Produce the ee360+ Partner bimonthly newsletter, including researching and drafting content to share with the ee360+ network.
- Track progress of 16 Dissemination Partners, and provide them with NAAEE and ee360+ Partner content and training opportunities.
- Assist with event coordination for live and virtual ee360+ and NAAEE training events, such as the NAAEE Annual Conference, workshops, staff meetings, and other gatherings through contract review, travel booking, reimbursement tracking, and logistics management.
- Provide additional support for ee360+ programming as needed. This may include logistical and communications support for eeWEBINARS, CEE-Change Fellows, and Partner meetings.
Minimum Skills and Experience Required
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field (environmental education, communications, environmental studies, etc.) or comparable experience.
Experience: 1–3 years of writing and/or research experience, with administrative, environmental, and education experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Exemplary writing and communication skills with a proven ability to synthesize complicated information into easily digestible, engaging content.
- Cultural competency and ability to work with individuals representing a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives.
- A team player who can enthusiastically represent NAAEE to external partners, members, funders, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to travel domestically for NAAEE’s annual conference in Tucson, AZ in October 2022.
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative to help move projects forward.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as required but also to work effectively as a team member.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate across teams.
- Ability to work efficiently, with flexibility, creativity, initiative, strong attention to detail, positive energy, and good humor.
We will not be able to respond to individual requests for information about this position. Thank you!
For more than five decades, the North American Association for Environmental Education has worked to strengthen and expand the field of environmental education, with a growing network of support including:
- More than 20,000 members and supporters, including members of our Affiliate Network
- 56 state and provincial Affiliate organizations
- More than 30 countries around the world
NAAEE’s mission is to advance environmental literacy and civic engagement using the power of education to create a more equitable and sustainable future. We support a collaborative, team-oriented, dynamic and enjoyable work environment. We believe that happy and fulfilled employees who are trusted to do their best and create a stronger, highly productive and effective team contributing to the greater success of the organization and our mission.
How to Apply:
Please use this Google Form to send your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample that best demonstrates your writing abilities relevant to the responsibilities listed above.
If you are an individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to apply for this job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Anne Umali at email@example.com
$20–22 an hour, based on experience.