This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
The Wenatchee River Institute (WRI) believes the greatest hope for the future is through connecting people, communities, and the natural world. We engage thousands of learners annually through transformative environmental education on our campus in Leavenworth and across North Central Washington. Each experience is created to help participants understand their environment and discover the impact they can have in the world and their community.
At WRI, our next Executive Director will:
- Be a human-centric leader with heart and integrity, enthusiastic and passionate about our mission and eager to engage with our community
- Expertly and cohesively manage the budget, programs, and people to provide transformative educational programs and continue our legacy of success
- Be a visionary and creative thinker, pursuing and realizing goals, capable in strategic planning, efficiently building and utilizing resources, all while managing risk
- Actively seek and secure grants, develop donors, and advance organizational and business partnerships to support programs and facilities
- Communicate effectively with warmth and clarity, skillfully connecting and building relationships with diverse people, and be a socially-minded thinker and doer, advocating for and endorsing WRI
- Work well with others, employing a collaborative, empowering, and team-centered approach, prioritizing people and the good of others first, eager in the pursuit of equity and diversity
- Impassioned about the environment, sustainability, and our community
- Anticipate making a tremendous impact while working alongside a compassionate and committed team, board, and partners, backed by a population that cares deeply about the organization
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5-7 years’ experience in senior management at a non-profit of a similar size that includes educational programming, preferably outdoor activities, and events
- Effective participation in community-based organizations, building relationships and coalitions with Board members, volunteers, partner organizations, and community leaders
- Exhibited fundraising successes with knowledge of and participation in grant procurement, endowment or capital campaigns, planned giving, individual donor development and corporate sponsorships
- Solid financial management acumen and an ability to maintain a financially viable organization
- Proven ability to help develop and implement strategic plans, prioritize workloads, and support and develop teams maintaining a positive, collaborative work environment
- Demonstrated characteristics in leadership excellence, one that owns and brightens the mission/vision/values of an organization; a positive presence that invites others to participate and stay involved
Salary and Benefits
- WRI offers work that brings joy, a flexible schedule, a lovely work setting, a solid salary (range from $70,000 to $80,000 DOE) and full benefits (medical, dental, IRA and matching, 18 days of vacation, 11 paid holidays, sick leave, and access to wonderful recreational opportunities.
More about Wenatchee River Institute
Nestled in beautiful Leavenworth Washington, The Wenatchee River Institute’s Outdoor Learning Center campus is located on the nine-acre Barn Beach Reserve, situated along the Wenatchee River. Wenatchee River Institute is home to a range of educational programs towards our mission of connecting people, communities, and the natural world. Our youth education programs include classroom field trips to WRI, on-site after school programs, after school programs at schools in the Wenatchee School District, and day camps. Our community education programs range from evening presentations to multi-day workshops, bringing in scientists, artists, authors, and other experts in their field to share their knowledge and work. Wenatchee River Institute is also home to Leavenworth Spring Bird Fest.
WRI has a nine-member Board of Directors and eight paid staff, as well as members and volunteers supporting our work. We have healthy financial support through our grant partners, , an endowment fund of $1.25 million and facilities that are well-tended with a stewardship fund to care for the property in perpetuity. In addition, Icicle Fund partner organizations offer a professional support system.
For more information
Including a full job description see our website: https://wenatcheeriverinstitute.org/
How to Apply:
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Carolyn@Full-CircleHR.com.
Please do not contact WRI directly.