The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, August 2, 2021, 6:00pm
The Executive Director will serve part-time, 20-25 hours per week, performing duties to further the reach and capacity for WAEE, with the option of extending to full time status as funding allows. The position is for a 1-year term, with the opportunity to renew if agreeable to the employer and employee. The employee will work predominantly from home. Some travel is required and office equipment will be provided or subsidized.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate donor cultivation and management, grant writing, annual appeals, sponsorship solicitations, and other fundraising and development needs of WAEE.
- Engage in professional development opportunities that will enhance leadership, management, or other areas of WAEE.
- Act as liaison with community, state, national and international organizations to foster publicity, partnerships and outreach for the organization while representing WAEE interests.
- Nurture support for and recognition of the impact of environmental education in the state.
- Develop and maintain strategic planning and budget for WAEE with support and input from the Board of Directors.
- Advocate for legislative, fiscal, and policy implementation to enhancr environmental education.
- Provide monthly activity reports to the Executive/Finance Committee, including the number of hours worked and tasks accomplished.
- Provide reports to and seeks input from the Board of Directors at regularly scheduled board meetings with summary of activities and status of work.
- Supervise the WAEE Administrator.
- At least 3 years of work experience related to leadership in environmental education and an understanding of the field in Wisconsin and nationally.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Be a visionary with experience building and leading effective partnerships made up of diverse organizations.
- Strong organizational and communication skills to initiate, form and effectively maintain relationships using a variety of methods and technology.
- Experience creating and managing budgets.
- Commitment to building positive relationships with and equitable access across diverse cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity to work toward justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Must reside in Wisconsin. Must have the ability to work from home (or another location) and have reliable transportation for travel to meetings, conferences, etc.
- Success in team building and conflict resolution, utilizing strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to plan collaboratively and execute independently.
- Experience in nonprofit management, board management, public relations, business, marketing, or a natural resource-related field.
- Experience in fund development, able to find financial opportunities including but not limited to grants.
- Post-secondary degree in environmental education, non-profit management, or a related field.
- Technologically savvy, proficient with Google Workspace.
How to Apply:
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications due August 2, 2021.