Executive Director - Environmental Education Center
Friends of Rogers Environmental Education Center (FOR) is accepting applications for the position of Executive Director (ED). The ED is the chief executive officer of FOR, reports to the Board of Directors (BOD), manages the Center staff, interns and volunteers, and is responsible for its overall strategic direction, leadership, administration and facility operation. Friends of Rogers is a private not-for-profit corporation that operates the Rogers Environmental Education Center in Sherburne, NY. This position is full-time, at a salaried pay scale of $50,000 - $55,000 plus benefits.
- Provide leadership in the development, refinement and implementation of the long term strategic plan, aligning resources to annual goals to achieve the FOR mission and vision.
- Define future revenue needs, cultivate resources, key relationships and partnerships with community stakeholders to sustain FOR mission, programs and operations.
- Collaborate with Rogers’ Director of Development to develop diversified funding streams through a robust fund development multi-year plan.
- Create a positive culture to recruit, retain and recognize highly qualified staff, board members and volunteers while fostering a positive environment that promotes creativity and effective problem solving.
- Oversee the operation and management of the Rogers Environmental Education Center facilities and 600 acre property, including a Visitor Center, fish ponds, outdoor classroom, interpretive exhibits, Stone House, farm field leases and six miles of nature trails.
- Oversee program development, management and evaluation.
- Support Summer Adventure Camp, Annual Event programs, School Field Trips and other programs which have positively influenced the community and Rogers commitment to environmental education.
- Maintain the local, regional and national profile of the Rogers Center.
- Provide financial management in partnership with FOR’s CPA and the Finance Committee which includes the development of the annual budget, fund raising, and grant management.
- Work closely with the Executive Committee and special BOD committees.
- Interface with New York State Department of Environmental Conservation staff on infrastructure management and support.
- Oversee maintenance of a 700-tap sugarbush and sugar shack.
- Bachelor’s degree in non-profit or business administration, education, planning, environmental sciences or closely related field; master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of senior management experience in a non-profit organization including a strong background in fund development and budget development, with a demonstrated track record.
- Strong marketing, public relations and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated management experience with a focus on staff coaching, support, development and empowerment
- Demonstrated commitment and dedication to environmental education and natural resource protection.
- Creative problem solver; entrepreneurial and results oriented
- Strategic thinker and planner
- Relationship builder; strong networker
- Strong business acumen: knowledge and understanding of financial, accounting, marketing and operational functions of an organization and the ability to make sound business decisions.
- Experience and enthusiasm for educational programming.
- Strong sense of community and passion for FOR’s mission.
- Inspirational leader with strong people management skills.
How to Apply:
Please send résumé, cover letter and list of three references to FriendsofRogersBoard@gmail.com. Candidates will be considered until the position is filled.