Hydroponics Curriculum Writer (remote)
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, October 18, 2022, 2:00pm
Green Our Planet Studios is seeking an education professional who can plan a high school level hydroponics curriculum and then write and edit lesson plans alongside the Curriculum Development Manager. The primary role of the Curriculum Writer is to create a lesson framework and write lesson plans for a standards based high school hydroponics curriculum. The curriculum will be based upon NGSS standards and is designed to provide students hands-on engagement to help reinforce STEM principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a curriculum framework that plans out all the lessons included in the curriculum, what standards the cover, and guiding principles
- Create the NGSS standards based lesson plans using a 5E template
- Proofread and edit lesson plans as they are created
- Create any supplemental materials that would be needed for teachers to implement lesson plans
- Work with another teacher and the Curriculum Development Manager to create framework and edit lesson plans
- Temporary Position
Qualification, Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- A belief that students can better learn STEM when completing hands on projects
- Understanding of the best ways to incorporate standards into curriculum planning and lesson writing
- The ability to work well with a team and communicate effectively
- Ability to create basic lesson plans
- Knowledge of NGSS
- A personal commitment to equity and inclusion so that all cultures and identities are respected and celebrated in our work.
Each grade level will require 16 lessons to be completed. Each grade will have a team of two teachers, each completing 8 lessons. Each lesson will be contracted for 10 hours of work at $30 an hour. You will also be contracted to meet for 3 hours of planning time with the team. This will also be billed for $30 an hour.
How to Apply:
Note: if you are interested in applying for this position, please include a cover letter with your resume explaining why you are interested in this role and Green Our Planet to email@example.com. If you don't submit a cover letter, your application will not be considered. Thank You!