The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 5:00pm
In accordance with organizational policies, duties include but are not limited to:
- Successfully advertise, schedule, coordinate, teach, and evaluate PAWS Education Programs, both on-site and in the community for kids and people of all ages in a professional, engaging manner.
- Coordinate, develop and lead community education programs. Represent PAWS in the community, including delivering formal presentations and staffing informal tabling opportunities. Set-up/take down as needed. Prepare materials for programs.
- Maintain accurate and thorough records of the use of biofacts in educational programs.
- Assist in training of new educators and provide guidance and leadership for education staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Continuously revise all current education programs and help develop new education programs as the PAWS organization and community grow.
- Write and contribute content for internal publications and website in coordination with Communications staff.
- Coordinate and develop materials to promote education programs and events, including writing website copy and creating promotional videos.
- Develop and maintain accurate and timely records regarding all education programs, including pre-and post-survey responses, attendance, quotes, testimonials, and other quantitative and qualitative assessments.
- Create and modify text and graphic program materials to follow best practices of accessibility and inclusion in partnership with the PAWS Educator
- Develop activities for engaging program participants remotely using such tools as Scratch, Padlet, and Kahoot!
- Support youth in completing Service Projects on behalf of PAWS and the animals at PAWS. Track Service Projects by keeping records.
- Manage supplemental curriculum materials.
- Develop and refine processes for booking and scheduling programs, streamlining systems and the customer experience where possible in partnership with Education Programs Manager
- Lead educational programs
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Manage the PAWS Education team’s shared inbox, including responding to miscellaneous inquiries and passing messages to other staff at PAWS, as appropriate.
- Respond to public inquiries and concerns related to PAWS Education programs via email and phone in a timely and professional manner.
- Manage database and Excel spreadsheets for efficient and accurate record-keeping and data analysis.
- Create and update surveys for program evaluation and feedback.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Controls over Work:
The PAWS Lead Educator works under the direction of the Education Programs Manager and is expected to pursue the established duties without direct supervision. They will frequently work directly and collaboratively with other department heads and staff as appropriate.
Written performance evaluations will be given after the first 90 days and annually thereafter.
Work is performed both in and out of the office or classroom and in the community. Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time, including working at a computer. Must be able to transport equipment: PAWS tent (10’), table, chairs, and materials. Candidates must be able to lift a minimum of thirty-five (35) pounds with the assistance of other staff or volunteers.
- College degree or equivalent experience required. Preferred fields of study: Education, Biology, Environmental Education, or a related field. Master’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ successful experience planning and facilitating activities and programs for children, youth and adults in education, advocacy, and/or public outreach. Experience with developing curriculum for diverse audiences.
- Certified Humane Education Specialist, Certified Interpretive Guide, or equivalent environmental education certification highly desirable.
- A passion for PAWS’ mission, teaching, learning and public policy. Experience in animal welfare or wildlife/environmental education field is preferred.
- Experience working with and mentoring volunteers, a professional and sincere attitude, and proven success as a team player.
- Strong public speaking skills: able to present programs in a confident, engaging manner. Experience with classroom management skills.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekend events as needed. Must be able to multi-task well. Flexibility, enthusiasm, and attention to detail are also important.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid Washington State driver’s license with no major or repeated minor traffic offenses.
- Must be able to provide reliable transportation and required insurance coverage. Must be able to transport equipment and materials.
- Important considerations for this position include a sincere interest and belief in the welfare of animals, a creative and dynamic approach to informal education.
- Develop and maintain systems to create a smooth and easy process for customers signing up for Education programs
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, computer skills, and organizational skills.
- Comfort using remote conferencing tools such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Computer skills and experience with Airtable, Microsoft Office, Calendly, Zapier, and/or Scratch a plus.
- Fluency in a second language a plus.
- Must exemplify the values of the organization in all interactions with coworkers and members of the public, including respect, trust, compassion, commitment, and courage
Paid time off, 403(b) with Company contribution and match, paid holidays (pro-rata), Employee Assistance Program, pet supply discounts.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
PAWS is an equal opportunity employer. PAWS employment decisions are made based on merit and business needs. PAWS is committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ+ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
All PAWS positions receive written performance evaluations after the first 90 days and annually thereafter.
How to Apply:
Please visit our online applicant page. Upload your resume & Cover Letter and fill out the required information.
Only Complete Application Packets will receive consideration:
Application materials received by October 5, 2022, will receive priority consideration.
Note: Under the provisions of the Immigration and Reform Act of 1986, the successful candidate will be required to provide both evidence of identity and eligibility for employment.
All Offers of Employment are Conditional, based on successful completion of reference and background checks.