Nurse - Outdoor School
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, January 31, 2023, 1:00pm
Licensed Nurse (LVN/RN) - Outdoor School
Applications accepted until filled.
$30.00 - $35.00 Hourly
Camp Ramah, 385 Fairview Road, Ojai, CA 93023
Secondary Education - Middle School
SEASONAL POSITION ONLY. MUST BE AVAILABLE FROM January 16 to May 4, 2023. Online applications accepted until positions are filled.
Work Hours: 8 hours/day - 3 shifts available
The Conejo Valley Unified School District Outdoor School is a residential program for 6th and 8th grade students. The program is held at Camp Ramah in Ojai, CA, a 400-acre camp located a few minutes from downtown Ojai, California. The Outdoor School program runs from January 16 to May 4, 2023.
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS BETWEEN RELATED CLASSES
A Licensed Vocational Nurse possesses a California Vocational Nurse License and performs specialized physical health care procedures requiring technical manual skills under the direction of a registered nurse (RN), with a major differences between LVN and RN being in the areas of teaching, supervision, independent function, and the authority to assess and plan a course of action.
- Administer prescribed medications according to physician's and parent's instructions; dispense medications based on established District procedures and/or as directed; maintain related records and documents.
- Assess students' medical conditions; administer minor first aid to ill and injured children; distribute adhesive bandages, ice and compresses as necessary; evaluate emergency situations; perform routine first aid and CPR/AED as needed.
- Maintain inventory and order first aid supplies; distribute first aid kits to appropriate site or office location; requisition health office supplies as necessary.
- Respond to parent and staff inquiries by interpreting and explaining applicable laws, codes, rules, programs and regulations.
- Assist with the care of special needs students as directed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE QUALIFICATIONS:
LICENSES, CERTIFICATION & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Associate's Degree* in Nursing and one (1) year of professional experience in public or private health setting as a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
*Alternate variations of education/experience may be considered by Personnel Commission staff as acceptable to qualify for participation in the examination process resulting in an eligibility list. When appropriate additional work experience beyond the minimum requirement may be supplemented for required minimum education requirements.
- California Board of Vocational Nursing Vocational Nurse License (LVN) - or -
- California Board of Nursing - Registered Nurse (RN) License
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification issued by a recognized first-aid training program
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Certification issued by a recognized first-aid training program
- First Aid Certification issued by a recognized first-aid training program
- Valid California Class C Driver's License
- Ability to obtain California Department of Justice fingerprint clearance.
- TB clearance.
- Modern nursing principles, techniques, methods and procedures, and standard nursing practices.
- Principles and practices of medical diagnosis of common illnesses, the disease process, treatments, and medication side effects.
- Medical terminology and the use of nursing equipment and supplies.
ABILITY TO OR SKILL IN:
- Skill in providing effective nursing services, administering injections, medications, catheterization, gastrointestinal tube feeding, etc.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Comprehend and follow directions given verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate mental acuity sufficient to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
How to Apply:
Please include all relevant education and/or experience within the application.
Tom Hoegeman, Coordinator, Outdoor Education
Work: (805) 498-1573 x4248