IslandWood provides exceptional learning experiences to inspire lifelong environmental and community stewardship; our 250-acre campus is located on Bainbridge Island. As Registrar you would provide all registration support for exceptional environmental education experiences which foster three main goals:
- Provide a foundation for students to practice stewardship behaviors
- Create equitable access and culturally sustaining pedagogy related especially to outdoor natural science practices
- Develop meaningful and sustainable relationships with schools and families within the Puget Sound and beyond
The Registrar is an annual, full-time member of the professional education team for IslandWood. During the school year, the Registrar manages all data and registration aspects of the School Overnight and Summer Camp programs.
Classification: Full-time/Annual, Hourly/Non-exempt
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday
Work Location: Bainbridge Island Campus
Benefit Package: 100% Paid for FT Employees (medical, dental, vision, life, STD/LTD, HSA)
FT employees qualify for 401k, 3 weeks paid vacation, 2 Floating Holiday and sick leave, 10 paid Holidays.
FT employees qualify for Commuter Program
• Database management: Manage and deliver on all registration aspects of school and camp programs, including applications, confirmations, deposits, registration packets, camp sign-in and logistics
• Coordinate overnight information and dissemination—including Eventpro function sheets, database management, group and rooming lists, dietary and medical information, etc.—to necessary departments
• Allocate $300k in scholarships to schools based on socio-economic status and track scholarship expenditure throughout the year
• Serve as primary contact for teachers and parents in pre-trip/camp planning
• Participate in design of calendar for school and camp programs
• Work collaboratively with Director to market and recruit for school and camp programs
• Work with Accounting to bill, collect deposits, and ensure final payments
• Collect and document feedback from schools and parents in the way of teacher debriefs, evaluation forms, surveys, and follow-up emails
• Use client feedback to appropriately plan and respond to customer needs.
• Facilitate IslandWood’s Connecting Classrooms workshops to familiarize new teachers with the SOP experience
• Demonstrate IslandWood's core values that enable teams and individuals to succeed with shared respect and purpose.
• Support IslandWood’s strategic plan to expand our mission and impact.
• Other duties as assigned
• Commitment to educational equity and social justice
• Excellent written & oral communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strongly detail-oriented
• Five or more years of office work and/or registration experience in an education environment
• Demonstrated experience working with public and private schools
• Solid computer skills and knowledge of Teams, Microsoft Office and database software and applications
• Proficiency in planning, organizing, and project management
• Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks
• Excellent time-management
• Ability to work on daily tasks with limited oversight but collaborate regularly to ensure mission-driven work
• Demonstrated proactive problem solving skills
• Demonstrated passion for learning, children and the environment
• Experience in engaging with diverse communities
• Proficiency in Salesforce and Camp Brain
• Experience working in residential environmental learning
• Experience working towards racial equity in organizational systems
Effective 07 February 2022, IslandWood requires all staff, volunteers, docents, interns, and graduate students to receive a COVID-19 vaccine and to provide proof of inoculation including Booster.
This decision is intended to aid in the safety and health of all persons delivering and/or supporting program delivery, our clients, and students.
IslandWood is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. We encourage diverse applicants because we believe having a staff that authentically reflects the community, we serve is critical to our ability to be culturally responsive.