Vice President of Education & Community Engagement
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Website:Visit the Applicant Portal
- Provide organizational leadership as a member of the Pavilion’s executive team providing strategy and vision specifically related to Pavilion’s programs, exhibits, community engagement and volunteer engagement.
- Work with executive team members on special projects, staff development and the implementation of organizational culture.
- Supervises Education Department staff including education coordination, on-site and outreach instructors, interns and organization’s volunteers. Provide performance evaluations of education personnel.
- Oversee the research, production and promotion of educational programs including age/grade appropriate curriculums, general audience and professional level classes, seminars and workshops as it pertains to organization’s mission.
- Lead vision and direction around all off-site community programming including virtual, distance and live stream learning strategies.
- Support the development of new programs and educational community services.
- Research and compilation of information in instructional areas.
- Develop strategic models for department including proposal, sponsorships, and implementation of departmental budget.
- Identify and propose alternative educational program funding sources, including the preparation of grant proposals and the development of specific donor support.
- Remain current with latest information concerning standards in the professional field; maintaining peer affiliations.
- Compile, maintain and report current statistical information on program participation as it pertains to youth and adult education; identifying current trends in regional marketplaces in order to remain viable, competitive and innovative.
- Direct the design, development and installation of Pavilion exhibitory including the production of educational interpretation in coordination with the Executive Team and organizational strategic planning.
- Supervision of the Exhibit build and Exhibit interpretation teams.
- Support strategic development of future exhibit planning and organizational needs assessment.
- Support strategic growth of volunteer engagement throughout Butterfly Pavilion, ensuring that the organization embraces volunteer culture through the incorporation of trends and best practices in volunteer management.
- Supervision of Volunteer engagement team and direct Service Enterprise initiatives.
- Represent and lead Pavilion in local partnerships, collaborations and affiliations as community leader and liaison in order to expand Butterfly Pavilion’s strategic footprint.
- Represent department through Board & Committee Leadership.
- Support institutional evaluation program and direct inclusivity and diversity directions.
- Other duties as described by the President and CEO.
- Regular attendance and partication in department, branch, and facility wide meetings.
While performing the responsibilities of the Vice President of Education & Community Engagement these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the Vice President of Education Programs and Community Engagement will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions within this position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Vice President of Education and Community Engagement.
While performing the responsibilities of the Vice President of Education and Community Engagement, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
A range of hours in typical work week for this salary exempt position is 45 hour a week generally Monday – Friday.
How to Apply:
Butterfly Pavilion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for open positions and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or veteran status.
Applicants must submit a Resume and Cover Letter to the following link: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/butterflies/jobs/1447811-20970
Position is open until filled.
No phone calls or drop in’s please.
Salary $88,000 - $92,000