WREN Program Coordinator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, October 21, 2022, 4:30pm
WREN’s Program Coordinator makes up a vital part of WREN’s 2 person staff. They work closely with the Education Director to educate schoolchildren and adults in the South Willamette Valley about threatened and endangered species in the West Eugene Wetlands. They teach a variety of programs both indoors and outdoors, build relationships with teachers and partners, market WREN programs to the community, and work with the Education Director to build WREN’s educational offerings.
Who We Are: WREN (Willamette Resources and Educational Network) is a small 501(c)3 non-profit based in the West Eugene Wetlands Field Office shared with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM). The team at WREN includes 6 volunteer board members, 2 staff members, and a seasonal intern. Founded in 2000, WREN’s mission is to practice and promote land stewardship through education, partnerships, and scientific research. We engage both youth and adult learners through local wetlands and ecosystems education.
Position Type: Part Time, 0.60 FTE, 24hrs/week non-exempt, occasional weekends
Pay Range: $16 - $18/hour based on experience
Benefits: Paid sick and vacation leave, Travel reimbursement at .56 cents a mile
Reports to: Education Director
Location: BLM's West Eugene Wetlands Field Office at 751 S. Danebo Ave. Eugene, OR. 97402 and various locations in Lane County for offsite programs. Some remote work is possible.
WREN’s Remote Work Policy: All WREN employees may incorporate remote work into their weekly work schedule. Employees must be in the office for weekly staff meetings and for all in-person education programs, up to 18 hours a week during WREN’s busy seasons of fall and spring. All work schedules must be approved by the employee’s supervisor. WREN does not provide laptop computers or internet for remote workers. In office desktops are provided. WREN operates on Google and Microsoft Suites of products.
WREN’s Equity and Diversity Commitment: WREN is proud to recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. WREN is committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Teach classroom programs, wetland field trips, family programs, and community outreach
- Coordinate with teachers and WREN staff to schedule classroom visits and field trips
- Recruit and coordinate Guides for WREN’s Wetland Wanders
- Market WREN’s programs and events
- Keep WREN’s calendars and website up to date with program information
- Support WREN’s Education Director in administrative tasks including grant writing, fundraising, curriculum development, program evaluation, and partnership coordination.
- Create WREN’s quarterly newsletters
- Prepare a monthly report for WREN’s Board and attend board meetings as needed
- Experience teaching a variety of ages in the outdoors
- Some knowledge of and enthusiasm for the Animals and Plants of the Willamette Valley
- Communicate clearly in writing and speech
- Familiarity with Google Suite including Google Drive, Google Calendar, and Gmail
- Willing to learn WordPress to edit and update WREN’s website
- Maneuver on unpaved trails with moderate elevation changes
- Comfortable with Public Speaking and being an advocate for WREN
- Approach work with creativity, thoughtful ideas, and a collaborative mindset
How to Apply:
How To Apply: WREN encourages all interested applicants to email a resume and three references in a single PDF to WREN’s Education Director at email@example.com. The email should include 1-2 short paragraphs explaining your interest in this position and anything that makes you uniquely qualified that didn’t fit in your resume.
Deadline to apply is Friday, October 21, 2022. Applications are reviewed in the order they are received, and interviews will be held the week of October 31. Applicants will be notified if they are invited to an interview on October 27. Final hiring will take place the week of Nov. 8. The preferred start date for this position is no later than November 28.