Community Works Institute's 2021 WINTER Institute
Date and Time:
Thursday, January 28, 2021, 10:00am
Don't miss Community Works Institute's (CWI) Winter Institute, a unique opportunity for deep learning, collaboration, and networking in a design lab atmosphere, with like minded K-16 and community based educators from across the U.S. Develop high impact curriculum and programs that engage students, using the community as the classroom. The Institute provides a unique opportunity to understand why Place Based Service-Learning works, how it works, and how to use it most effectively with students.
"The work that I did at CWI's Virtual Institute is already having an impact on my work as an educator as it's put me in the 'purpose-driven mindset'. I truly appreciated all of the practical, hands-on activities that I can share with my students this year as we focus more heavily on social and emotional learning."
—Kristen Harris, Teacher
Somerset School District, New Jersey
participants will become skilled at:
• Using powerful strategies for using the community as the classroom.
• Designing student learning around personal passion and interest.
• Connecting social emotional learning goals as outcomes for learning projects.
• Infusing project based learning with a compelling civic and public purpose.
• Focusing on students as active contributors to sustainable communities.
• Integrating student voice and agency, reciprocity, and reflection.
• Using ethnography to explore human connection, inclusion, and social justice.
• Employing strategies for program growth, team building, and institutional buy in.
• Inspiring and advancing a collective vision and practice as a leader.
Click here to learn more