Indigenous Resources & Perspectives for Outdoor Learning
Hours for Learning Activity:1 learning hour
Date and Time:
Thursday, September 23, 2021, 7:00pm
Faye O’Neil is Ktunaxa and a member of ?aqam just outside of Cranbrook, BC. Her career in Aboriginal Education spans 22 years and she presently works for Southeast Kootenay School District 5 as an Aboriginal Education Coordinator, and is also on the board of directors for the Columbia Basin Environmental Education Network (CBEEN).
Explore Faye’s perspective around outdoor learning related to her understanding and knowledge of her Ktunaxa roots and being born to the land. She will discuss the resources offered in the Indigenous section Canada’s Outdoor Learning Store and offer her point of view on how you can braid these resources into your classroom and livelihood.
How to Register:
Register here: https://outdoorlearningstore.ca/workshops/
We are excited to offer this new series in partnership with Take Me Outside, and our Canadian Outdoor Learning Partners!
- Registration is free and there will be plenty of draw prizes for attendees!
- Workshops are 60 minutes and will take place on Thursdays at 4pm Pacific / 7pm Eastern.
- For those who can’t attend live these will each be recorded and posted on the bottom of this webpage.
- Following the workshop, participants will receive a link through which they can access a certificate of attendance.
- If you can’t attend the live workshop you can still request a certificate after you watch the recording.
- Subscribe to our seasonal updates to stay in the loop on these and future workshops