Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Webinar - Place-based Education: Finding the Good in the Pandemic
Hours for Learning Activity:1 learning hour
Date and Time:
Thursday, November 4, 2021, 7:00pm
Outdoors and place-based education got a big boost during the pandemic. Administrators and teachers realized that moving learning outside was a good way to avoid viral transmission. Once they were out there, they needed to adapt their approach to teaching – it had to be more real. And teachers also realized that students were more engaged and attentive. Let’s explore what educators learned from pandemic-inspired outdoors learning and look at some good practices in place-based education from across North America.
David Sobel is a Professor Emeritus in the Education Department at Antioch University New England. He consults and lectures nationally and internationally on place-based education, children’s relationship with nature and nature-based early childhood education. He is the author of a number of books, including Place-based Education: Connecting Classrooms to Communities which is available at Canada’s Outdoor Learning Store.
How to Register:
- Registration is free and there will be plenty of draw prizes for attendees!
- Workshops are 60 minutes and will take place on Thursdays at 4pm Pacific / 7pm Eastern.
- For those who can’t attend live these will each be recorded and posted the day following.
- Following the workshop, participants will receive a link through which they can access a certificate of attendance.
- If you can’t attend the live workshop you can still request a certificate after you watch the recording.