2021 Virtual Educator's Retreat
Date and Time:
Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 6:00pm to Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 12:30pm
Wednesday, June 30, 2021, 11:59pm
The backbone of your experience will be completing our popular online course, "Inspiring Investigations through Citizen Science". But for this retreat, we're supplementing the ease of our asynchronous course with a series of weekly webinars to provide networking opportunities, meaningful discussion, and inspiration from guest presenters. The retreat will help you gain confidence and practical solutions for implementing our inquiry-based "Investigating Evidence" curriculum.
After completing this course and associated webinars, you will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of teaching with inquiry and citizen science;
- Identify the science practices developed through inquiry and citizen science;
- Describe the complexity of the science process;
- Support students in developing their own investigations;
- Create an implementation plan for using science investigations in your teaching;
- Use the Merlin and Seek apps to support participation in citizen-science projects.
Learn more and apply for a scholarship at: https://www.birds.cornell.edu/k12/virtual-educator-retreat/