Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Certified Interpretive Guide Workshop 2022
Date and Time:
Monday, October 31, 2022, 8:00am to Thursday, November 3, 2022, 5:00pm
The Certified Interpretive Guide Program is designed for anyone who delivers interpretive presentations to the public at parks, museums, zoos, and nature centers. It combines the profession's theoretical foundations and practical skills in providing quality interpretive programming to visitors.
This 32-hour course includes:
- History, definition, and principles of interpretation
- Making your programs purposeful, enjoyable, relevant, organized, and thematic
- Using tangible objects to connect audiences to intangible ideas and universal concepts in interpretive programs
- Presentation and communication skills
- Certification requirements include completion of a program outline and a ten-minute presentation
- All materials including CIG workbook included
The current standard fees set by NAI Certification Courses as of January 2022 for the Certified Interpretive Guide™ Course:
Minimum Registration Fee $230, Add Certification Application Fee $150
Participants can register on the National Association for Interpretation website.
The Course Code is GI103122.
The Promo Code to be used, by academic students, to reduce the cost of the certification fee is GI-WATERSHED10.