EECapacity's 2016 T3 Online EE Learning Accelerator
Sunday, May 15, 2016, 11:59pm
What is T3?
Many environmental education organizations are starting to create their online learning opportunities to serve members of their networks and communities. These organizations may benefit from training in online learning pedagogies, approaches, and technologies. From this emerging need, the T3 Online EE Learning Accelerator was born. A Train the Trainers’ Trainers effort, the accelerator is a hybrid (face-to-face and online) capacity building opportunity for organizations ready to take the leap into becoming an online learning provider.
In 2016, T3 will use a Project-based Learning Community (PLC), members of which will work together online from June to October to develop online learning opportunities, followed by a face-to-face workshop at the North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE) meetings October 18-22 in Madison WI. Funding of up to $1500 for attending the meetings and a small stipend for conducting online learning opportunities are available to T3 participants.
Benefits to participants:
- Professional Learning Community with peers and EECapacity staff to exchange ideas, resources, and lessons learned on what works in online learning for various audiences and networks.
- Technical and programmatic support to develop an online learning project.
- Webinar series featuring experts in educational technologies and online learning.
- Professional development workshop and scholarship to attend 45th NAAEE Conference in Madison, WI. Participants will learn the latest thinking around online learning technologies. Conference scholarship of up to $1,500 can be used for travel and conference expenses.
- Participants can apply for a select number of EECapacity Online Learning Apprenticeships and work directly on an EECapacity online learning project.
- Opportunities to highlight PLC projects at NAAEE conference.
- Recognition and publicity for their organization on EECapacity.net and eePRO, NAAEE’s professional development and networking websites.
- Enhanced ability to conduct online learning for their audiences.
- Applications due May 15
- PLC Participants notified by May 20
- Online needs assessment due May 27
- PLC begins June 1
Anne Umali Ferguson