Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Environmental Education Rocky Mountain Teacher Institute
Hours for Learning Activity:0 learning hours
Date and Time:
Monday, May 4, 2015, 4:22pm
The Institute actively engages the educator to explore their role in facilitating the investigation and evaluation of environmental issues with their learners – in classrooms and some non-formal settings. The Institute models a variety of environmental education strategies that assist learners to analyze issues and seek courses of responsible action toward the resolution of issues.
Participants first work individually, then participate in a virtual large discussion format by communicating their responses to the whole group.
- Examine the role of EE in addressing environmental issues
- Demonstrate effective strategies for helping learners explore environmental issue
- Explore some of the skills needed to investigate environmental issues
- Introduce a five-step process as a framework for approaching environmental issues
- Understand the role of “action” within the environmental education context, as well as the skills involved in responsible environmental action
Sponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 8, Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education, Utah Society for Environmental Education, and NAAEE.
How to Register: