The GREEN Program: Professional Program for Educators in Iceland - Summer 2016
Date and Time:
Saturday, June 11, 2016, 8:00am to Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 5:00pm
The GREEN Team invites you to explore the Professionals Program, an exhilarating 5-day journey in Iceland. Engage with fellow pioneers, educators, and innovators in one of the most celebrated and sustainable destinations on the planet. Additionally, experience the traditional GREEN Program which brings together the top sustainability minded student leaders from around the world.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding along with a personal familiarity of the science and technology behind renewable energy systems: hydroelectric, geothermal, wind power, and biofuels.
- Attain a clear grasp of cost analyses and environmental impact of renewable energy production facilities in historical, present and future context.
- Develop skills to evaluate energy sources and projects in terms of feasibility within the matrix of technical, economic, environmental, and political implementation.
- Observe Iceland’s energy policies, natural resource legislation and other legislative controls impacting the production and sale of electricity in the nation.
- Advance on the vocabulary and concepts essential to commercial energy production, transmission, management and legislation.
- Develop leadership, teamwork, and networking skills through adventure excursions and exposure to professional industry relationships.
- Excel within a network of like-minded participants who aspire to continue to work and innovate in the field of renewable energy and sustainability.
- Gain a critical global perspective demanded by corporate recruiters today to prepare for accelerated career opportunities.
Tasked with the responsibility of preparing future leaders to tackle the world's most pressing issues, as an educator we understand that this may not be the easiest feat to undergo, but it certainly is rewarding.
Pulling from one's personal experiences is how we connect with others: as peers, colleagues, and in this instance, educators. While it is important that educator's remain objective in their teaching methods, it is also vital that they pull from first-hand experiences that can bring the subject to life. We invite you to join us in Iceland this summer as we experience Iceland’s renewable energy innovations, culture, and “bucket-list” excursions within a professional global network.
How to Register:
Visit the program website to learn more and register.