Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Date and Time:
Friday, April 3, 2020, 9:00am to 4:00pm
The Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education is excited to offer an opportunity for the ee community to gather together virtually for a day of engaging professional development this Friday. Each session will run for one hour with opportunities for engagement and questions throughout. No registration is required.
- KEYNOTE ADDRESS - The Golden Thread: Leveraging Equity to Strengthen Environmental Education - Taishya Adams, Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission
- Wild Pedagogy: The Wild Edge of EE - Deb Matlock, Wild Rhythms
- Introducing the Citizen to the Science: A Learner-Centered Approach Towards Developing an Understanding of the Nature of Science - Aidan Goldie, Walking Mountains Science Center
- Revising Colorado's EE Plan - Katie Navin, CAEE and Stephanie Hartman, Colorado Department of Education
- Queerness in EE: A Practical Guide for Working With Queer Individuals In The Environmental Education Field - Matthew Jones, Western Colorado University/Coldharbour Institute
- The Nature of Microbes: Small and Simple Ways to Integrate Germs into Environmental Education - Melanie Armstrong, Western Colorado University
- CAEE AmeriCorps Program: Q&A - Katie Navin CAEE and Kat Riley, CAEE
- Ute STEM: Colorado’s First Scientists - Liz Cook, History Colorado
Check out the full schedule and session descriptions! Please help us spread the word by sharing this opportunity with your colleagues and networks.
How to Register:
No registration needed. Join Virtual Professional Development Day: https://caee.org/virtualPDday