Antarctica Research Opportunity 2020-2021 Season
Friday, April 17, 2020, 12:00pm
The season is 1 Dec 2020 – Mid-March 2021. Scientists can come for 15 or 19 day trips during this time period. In the past, our research positions have been filled by members of the Marine Mammal community helping PhD with projects! We hope to continue to be able to support this community.
*Antarctica Guest Scientist Program*
Quixote Expeditions is excited to announce its 2020-2021 Guest Scientist program for our 2020-2021 season on trips to the Antarctic Peninsula.
More information is on our website (http://www.quixote-expeditions.com/guest-scientist/) and below:
Quixote Expeditions has a Guest Scientist Program where scientists can join any of our regularly scheduled trips in order to help them carry out their active research. This can be anyone working on a master's or PhD thesis, post-docs, professors and researchers at universities, and scientists associated with non-profits. We offer a free space onboard any of our scheduled trips for scientists to perform their research. We sail in remote places that are often hard for scientists to get to and for those with limited funding, impossible due to the expensive nature of working in remote areas. We hope that by offering these spaces, one per trip, that amazing and interesting science can be continued here at the end of the world.
In exchange we ask that the scientists to contribute the following:
- To involve the other guests onboard with the research and data collecting if possible (Its not always possible!).
- To present some of their current or past research while onboard.
- At the end of the trip to prepare a short write up about the trip and the science that will then be posted on the QuixoteExpeditions Website.
- To help operate the vessel (standing watch, helping in the galley, etc). Ocean Tramp, while a large sailboat, is still small compared to a larger research vessel. We ask that all scientists chip in, along with our guests.
- We can offer free room and board to one scientist per trip. All other related costs are at the expense of the scientists. Please go to our website for the application and full details http://www.quixote-expeditions.com/guest-scientist/
How to apply/register:
Applications are open March 18-April 17 2020 for the next season.