Conservation Educators: Apply For NCEP Conservation Teaching and Learning Studio
Date and Time:
Monday, June 8, 2020, 12:00am to Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 11:55pm
Friday, April 3, 2020, 12:00pm
Join us at this year’s Studio, where we will focus on how we can teach conservation while building an inclusive, collaborative culture in the classroom. Using active, student-centered, and evidence-based teaching approaches, we will consider our own teaching practices in a rigorous, reflective, and evaluative manner. The Studio will also provide resources, feedback, and time to work on small changes in your teaching and course design that can have big results in student learning.
- Theme: Learning to Collaborate and Collaborating to Learn: Bridging Boundaries in the Conservation Classroom
- Location: American Museum of Natural History, New York, NY
About NCEP Studios:
The Network of Conservation Educators and Practitioners (NCEP)’s Conservation Teaching and Learning Studios convene small teams of post-secondary or university educators in intensive workshops to exchange teaching strategies, train in evidence-based pedagogical approaches, and develop teaching resources to be featured in the NCEP module collection.
Learn more about previous Studios: https://www.amnh.org/research/center-for-biodiversity-conservation/convening-and-connecting/conservation-teaching-and-learning-studios.
How to apply/register:
Application form: https://forms.gle/d3Nw47t7Ygh7AKe58
- - Registration fee is set at $150, and includes breakfasts, lunches, and access to all Museum exhibits.
- - A limited number of registration fee waivers and/or small travel grants may be available and will be awarded on a competitive basis.
- - Participants are expected to arrange their own travel and accommodation, and attend for the entire duration of the Studio.