Environmental Educator Certification Program
Thursday, June 30, 2022, 11:59pm
Applications are now open for California's Environmental Educator Certification Program (EECP)! Get recognition for your great work as an educator. This program is part of AEOE’s ongoing efforts to strengthen the skills of existing practitioners while also advancing and elevating EE in our state. It’s a fantastic opportunity to advance your career, increase your skills, and gain valuable connections with other EE professionals. Program scholarships are available (the application link is on the main page).
Not sure if the program is right for you or want to learn more before applying? Info session is available on June 7. Learn more on our EECP page and apply today! Deadline to apply: June 30, 2022.
Requirements for participation – In order to be accepted into the program, EECP candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have completed at least two years or four semesters/seasons of relevant teaching experience
- Live and work in California
- Have reliable internet access and access to a computer/tablet
- Ability to devote an average of 2-4 hours/week to online meetings and program requirements
- Be actively working in the field of EE (note: given the reality of how deeply COVID-19 has impacted our field, the active employment requirement is flexible for the 2022-2023 program year; that said, if not actively employed, some program elements will need to be creatively addressed to complete as evidence of and reflection on current practice is required)
The 2022-2023 program is supported by the California Coastal Commission's Whale Tail grant program, made possible by sales of the WHALE TAIL® License Plate, donations to the Protect Our Coast, and Oceans Fund on the California state tax return, and funds from the State of California.