Join us at a NOAA Virtual Open House
Date and Time:
Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 4:00pm to Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 5:00pm
Each week, we’ll tour a different NOAA facility through a live webinar and meet the staff that bring NOAA’s mission to life. Our guides will highlight a few cool spots around campus and answer your questions in real time.
These free events are geared toward students in grades 2 through 8, and they’re perfect for classrooms and families. Register today, because spots will fill up fast!
MORE INFO HERE: http://bit.ly/NOAAVirtualOpenHouse
Here are the facilities we’re visiting by date:
- Wednesday, March 3; 4-5 p.m. ET
- NOAA Fisheries Woods Hole Lab & Science Aquarium, Woods Hole, Massachusetts
- Wednesday, March 10; 4-5 p.m. ET
- NOAA Satellite Operations Facility, Suitland, Maryland
- Wednesday, March 17; 4-5 p.m. ET
- Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Exploration Center, Santa Cruz, California
- Wednesday, March 24; 4-5 p.m. ET
- NOAA Seafood Inspection Facility, Long Beach, California
- Tuesday, March 30; 3-4 p.m. ET
- NOAA Fisheries Kodiak Lab, Kodiak, Alaska
- Wednesday, March 31; 4-5 p.m. ET
- NOAA Aircraft Operations Center, Lakeland, Florida
More about NOAA Live!
The NOAA Live! Webinars are a collaboration between NOAA's Regional Collaboration Network and Woods Hole Sea Grant at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution.
Each interactive webinar features a different NOAA expert/topic and a moderated question and answers session throughout so that kids can get a peek at what our NOAA scientists do in all the various NOAA offices. These webinars are geared toward grades 2-8. Webinars are streamed via GoToWebinar, are ~45 minutes in length, have live American Sign Language interpretation, and are recorded and put on our WHOI YouTube Channel with English and Spanish subtitles. #NOAALive4Kids