National EE Week Twitter Chat: Connecting teens to the environment
Date and Time:
Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 12:30pm
In celebration of EE Week 2018 NEEF is hosting a Twitter Chat on connecting teens to the environment. In today’s technology-driven world, teens can be disconnected from their environment and spend less time outdoors, which threatens their health and well-being. NEEF surveyed teens across the country to better understand how they interact with the outdoors, and who they turn to for information about the environment. Please join us Wendesday, April 25 at 12:30 p.m. EST to discuss actions we can take to help connect more teens to the environment.
Topics to be discussed include:
1. What is the best way to get teens outside and interacting with nature?
2. What are some resources that can help parents communicate pro-environmental actions to their kids?
3. What online educational lesson plans, toolkits, or other resources are available for teachers to incorporate environmental education into their classrooms?
4. What are some mobile apps and/or online resources that can be incorporated into their outdoor experience?
5. What could empower teens to take a more active role in environmental leadership?
6. What are some non-traditional ways to incorporate environmental education into school curriculum?
7. How do you make environmental education a part of your everyday life and what are you doing to share those lessons with others?
To participate, follow the hashtag #EEandGenZ and give us your input. We look forward to chatting with you!