Youth Steering Committee in New York City
Date and Time:
Friday, September 17, 2021, 5:57pm to Friday, October 15, 2021, 5:57pm
The National Wildlife Federation and WE ACT for Environmental Justice are seeking New York City high school youth to join the Climate and Resilience Education Task Force's Youth Steering Committee (YSC). The Task Force and YSC are dedicated to increasing access to interdisciplinary climate education and professional learning opportunities in New York's schools. The Task Force collectively manages a range of projects that advance climate education in New York in four key areas: public events; policy; equity, justice and inclusion; and teacher support. The Task Force is committed to racial, social, economic, and environmental justice, and prioritizes youth and frontline communities as it strives to achieve its goals. The YSC is made up of NYC public high school students and represents the interests of NYC youth at large. The YSC advises the Task Force on ongoing climate education projects.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION:
- Take concrete action to expand access to climate education in NYC's schools Work on a state-level climate education policy campaign;
- Provide input into the development of a climate justice education curriculum for NYC;
- Help to build a network of youth dedicated to climate justice education across the city;
- Gain access to educators, NGOs, policymakers and experts in the field of climate education and advocacy through the CRETF;
- Eligible for community service hours.
Apply here: https://bit.ly/3Aipj6q
Deadline October 15, 2021. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org